Obergurgl University Center
A 55-year-old tradition of sport and science
The history of the University Center goes back to 1951, when three former customs buildings were converted for use by the Obergurgl federal Sports Center and Innsbruck University's Alpine Research Center.
That marked the beginning of a focus on sport and science with international participation. Famous mountain guides, ski instuctors and researchers worked here and made many major contributions to sport and science in the Alps.
Today's international center of sport, research and conferences still radiates this historical charm.
For more information visit http://uz-obergurgl.at